Friday, August 29, 2014

Visual Effects 1: Soft Bodies: Deadpool makes Breakfast

For our final project for Visual Effects, we had to create a video using at least one type of soft body. That was literally the entire description of the project! We could do anything we could think of as long as it included soft bodies. So naturally, I decided to use my Deadpool rig one final time.

I think this was my favorite project yet, so I made sure to have a lot of fun with it. The soft bodies were not too difficult to make look right, so I didn't try and make it too complicated. The butter melting and the pancake forming were enough for my soft bodies, and I also added some extra particles to the butter to act as bubbles.

As for animation, I really loved animating this project. Between rigging and animating Deadpool as a whole, as well as rigging and animating the pancake, I can say that I feel like I've greatly improved over the last few months and I am confident in my animations. I look forward to posting more of my animations here, and hope you'll enjoy them as well.




- Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment