Friday, August 29, 2014

Visual Effects 1: Rigid Bodies - Deadpool's Rube Goldberg Machine

Over the last month, I've been in Visual Effects, and it is by far one of my favorite classes so far! The class gave us so much freedom, and allowed me to not only complete the projects, but also animate my own personal rigs.

For our first project, we had to use rigid bodies to create a Rube Goldberg machine. I used a scene given to me and added my own artistic touch with my own textures and models as well. I really enjoyed this project and it taught me a lot about rigid bodies and dynamics in Maya. I hope you like it!

Everything in the video was animated by me. I also created the rig for Deadpool (in the previous post) and edited the entire video.



- Drew

1 comment:

  1. This video was shown to my class in visual effects 1, and I have to say that I am highly impressed with your Deadpool rig. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete