Friday, August 29, 2014

Rigging: Deadpool Rig

Since I wanted to start a freelance career in rigging, I decided to look around for models that I could rig, and also use for personal animations. That's when I stumbled upon this model of Deadpool modeled by tusleader.

I realized how much I could do with a rig for this model, so I spent  few days rigging it and I was very happy with the final result. Below is the final rig with all of the controls visible. The rig is made of smooth skin weights that keep the model smooth as it bends. The rig also contains IK systems in the legs and arms, as well as an IK/FK switch in the hands to switch between the systems in the arms.

I was also able to add mouth controls, as well as eyebrow and cheek controls to give him more emotion throughout my animations. Below are some examples of the rig on the model.





 Above, you can see the IK and FK systems present on both arms. The switch in the hand allows for easier animation depending on the user's preference.


I was really proud of this project, being that it was my first ever self rig. I find myself going back to it and adding more feature every day, but I'm very happy with the rig at this point, and I've even used it in multiple projects that you'll see on this blog soon! More rigs to come in the future!

- Drew

Deadpool model by tusleader
Model source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment